Friday, August 20, 2010

Cha Cha Cha Changes

I've made a few big decisions lately...

- No More Fat Doctor
Which ultimately means no more shots or phentermine.
I decided the shots may very well be the cause of my kidney stones and I refuse to go through that again if I can help it.
I went through 3 bottles of phentermine.
I originally said I was only going to do 2, then it started working sooo good so by the end of the 2nd bottle I got another. And guess what? It quit working as good, of course. Part of me wants to get one more bottle to help with this last 20 lbs. But the other part of me realizes that if I don't stop now then it is just going to become a viscous circle.
I will be saving about $140 a month with this decision. WOW!

- No More Soda or Tea
Yes, I slacked up and was drinking Sprite and Mt. Dew.
And then I drifted into Sweet Tea again. Tea will be easier to get rid of, again, because of the kidney stones but I'm gonna miss my caffeine...
Don't get me wrong, I still drink water like a fish.
It's just one of those things I think about and realize I did it once, I can do it again and stick to it this time.

- Joined Gold's Gym
I'll be honest here and admit there are ulterior motives other than the obvious.
Like cheaper tanning, and putting myself in an environment w/hot juiced men.
But I also joined because I need help with strength and toning.
(that $140 a month from fat doctor is prob gonna go into paying a personal trainer)
I have my initial assessment Monday at 7pm.
I'm dreading my body fat percentage...


On another note I bought a pair of jeans today.
I've been putting it off and putting it off because I don't want to go shopping, lose weight and possibly drop 2 pants sizes and have new clothes I can't wear. BUT the size 14 jeans I have now are ridiculous, like fall to my knees.
I grabbed a size 9 and crossed my fingers...
They fit. They are a teeny bit snug but I look at that as wiggle room if I lose a few pounds.
So, my weekend is off to a good start!


p.s. I don't want people to think I judge weight by pounds or sizes. This is my personal journey, every one's is different. Hell, I may be stuck in a size 9 forever, and that's fine with me as long as I "look" the way I want to. Same thing with pounds. I'm not gonna get discouraged with the scale since I'm going to be weight training at the gym now. Again, it's about the "look" not the "number." I urge you to be the same way.

No comments: